Wednesday 12 October 2011

Exhibition

I have been rather too busy to sew in the last week. I spent the weekend helping my friend Maggie Barber run her stall at Alexandra Palace Knitting and Stitching Show here in London. She was part of the graduate showcase, having just completed a diploma in Stitched Textiles at Windsor. Here is some of her work
and here are some details of her work

There were also two other graduates from Windsor in the same area and other students from other colleges around the UK.  It was a really enjoyable experience to find out what it was like to be on a stall rather than just a punter at the show. But totally exhausting.  And I should definitely have been chained to the stall and not allowed to roam freely on occasions.  The shopping was wonderful and  as I had three days to trail the bags home, I did a certain amount of damage to my wallet.


A wonderful collection of batiks which I could not resist and then yet more spots!!

and finally a collection of felted wool
When am I going to get around to using these - goodness knows. But I want to try some wool applique when I have finished the two large quilts so I had to get the supplies in didn't I!!

Meanwhile I have been busy sewing on the tassles to the Beth Ferrier quilt

Of course I managed to totally miscalculate the number I needed, so I have another four to produce and then the centre of the quilt will be finished.

Happy quilting

No comments: