Did I buy more fabric than I used - probably!!!!!!!!!!!! But this year is going to be better (I managed to get in a quick shop on New Year's Eve on the internet so that will count for last year and not this one although it will not arrive until next week. It is a super collection and I will photograph it when it arrives - needless to say I ordered enough to make a whole quilt.
I want to tell you about my new best friend
The second quilt is a lap size and made out of headers and footers
This was my collection of greens which had been cut into 2 1/2" strips. I found the border in my stash and also the backing
But then I decided that I just had to go for it with the machine quilting
So goals for 2012.
- Well doing the Committed to Cloth course, Wet and Wild, will I am sure open my eyes to new opportunities.
- To buy less fabric than I use, except for backings and bindings
- To finally start doing some wood applique - I have the wool felt in bucket loads and need to get to grips with this.
- To complete all the challenges that the Wimbledon Quilters are doing.
- To machine quilt the large applique quilt and exhibit it at the Festival of Quilts in August
I hope that everyone has a very good year and manages to quilt as much as they want.