Wednesday 10 January 2018

Prepping

This week has been one of prepping for appliqué projects.  I have been designing an open border for the vase appliqué quilt

The weird shape between the strawberries will be a bee with hand stitched legs.  This is very slow going but I am enjoying it hugely.  When life seems to get faster and faster, it is comforting to just sit and glue down the edges.  This quilt is being machine appliqué so once all the prep has been done should go together quite quickly.

I have signed up for some more block of the month appliqué projects again this year so am going to be really busy.  I will let you know which ones once they have started.

December’s instalment for the block of the month from Material Obsessions finally arrived yesterday and so I spent a happy time cutting out the shapes for the flowers
 Am going to be stitching them with Eleganza thread.  They are such fun to do in front of the TV so I am going to have a few cosy evenings just sewing.


Happy quilting!

No comments: