Tuesday 23 January 2018

Stash

It’s official.  I have just scored myself with the amount of fabric I have.  I counted up the fat quarters and half metres I had folded into this shelf of my storage system.  It amounts to 6.25 metres in just that tiny space.



Well I have 72 of those in the storage system


Which means that I must have about 450 metres of fabric.  And this is fabric that I do not use for my special appliqué quilts.  It gets used for my students and also for quilts for Project Linus and other charity quilts.  So I have worked out that if I do not buy another fat quarter I have enough fabric to make about 70 charity quilts.  I know I sew fast but this is slightly frightening!!!!!Especially as this year I am using my pre-cut strips for the quilt tops so that means it will be more like 120 quilts.

But I have made a start




This is made from my black and grey strips with the contrast orange to lift it a bit.  I can see this being given to a teenager hopefully.  It measures 60 x 65”. The back is made up of fabrics from my stash. 

So I think I had better get sewing!
Happy Quilting.




No comments: