Friday 15 July 2011

Another block finished

Here is another of the corner blocks of the Kim McLean Roseville quilt.
The method of creating the circles with craftmaking punches has proved a great success and is much easier and more accurate than trying to trace circles - not something I am good at!
I am going to have to pluck up the courage to spritzer the blocks with water to soften the washable interface soon as the blocks are far too unforgiving when it comes to hand quilting. I reckon that if I wet them and then lay them flat to dray before ironing them, the fabric will all soften and make the quilt top more pliable. Although I have put the middle nine blocks together, I think I am going to start with just one block - not too much to have to redo in case it all goes wrong. I will let you know how I get on.

No comments: