Sunday 12 November 2017

Too much to do

I seem to be working on too many projects at the moment. I think the trouble started with blocks on the month.  Most of them do not take a month or even a week to complete, so while you are waiting for the next instalment you still want to do some sewing.

I am working on a wool appliqué project from Australia which is supplying all the fabrics.  There are some fundamental problems with this way of working - sometimes you do not get all the necessary fabrics or they are cut far too close for comfort and of course it does not reduce the stash at all.

On the other hand it is a really good way of deciding whether you want to continue to work with a new medium.  Yes I have now decided that I like working with wool and all the embroidery that it involves and have just watched the Sue Spargo class on Craftsy
She is such a talented lady and I am excited about using some of her techniques.  So I have ordered some wool and hopefully will be making something before too long.  I don’t think that wool appliqué is suitable for bed quilts and as I hate small quilts I think I am going to be making cushions - probably satisfying my Circle obsession and  doing a whole lot of those.  She has the most marvellous variegated threads which you can get from her website.  I will keep you posted!!

I am also coming to the end of the 365 block challenge which has involved in the insanity of making 3” and 6” pieced blocks with gazillions of pieces.  I must have been mad to start it but of course we are now nearing the end and I just want to finish it.  Please remind me that it is a really bad idea to have to create a block a day in future - all the changing of threads etc mean that it is a pain to have
to change everything to sew any other project.

Well I had better go and do some sewing.  Will talk again soon.

Happy quilting


No comments: