Tuesday 28 November 2017

Black Friday

Oh dear.  I never thought much about Black Friday before but this year I seem to be much more aware of it.  OK I am on Instagram and Facebook quite a lot and all these wonderful offers keep on appearing. So I am sitting here in my pjs and have a credit card in hand so what is a girl to do!!!!!  I am waiting for a few parcels to arrive!

I have been working on my BOM from Material Obsessions with lots of hand stitching
This is a tree for one of the borders.  Don’t you love the background fabric.  I would never have dared to use it but it works really well.  It has been whipstitched using Wonderfil’s Eleganza thread by Sue Spargo.  I really like this thread as it does not unravel when you are using quite long lengths.
I also have to make a mass of felt flowers which has been the greatest fun.  They should all be

Perfect Circles and although I am using them they are a little wonky - or as someone on Instagram said - they have character.  Why have I never discovered hand embroidery before. I always thought I was just a quilter and of course I still am but Oh the joy of just sitting and doing colonial knots and whip stitch in the evening.  I will show you some finished ones next time.

My machine is in the hospital as the top tension has been going bananas and I certainly do not need this as I am still doing the 365 day challenge and the latest Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt started on Friday.  So I have a mass of things cut out and no way to sew them but the machine should be back by Friday.

Just in case you might want to  follow me on Instagram I am Louisa Lawson and have a picture of a striped hippo  and on Facebook I am Louiisa Lawson (yes I know the spelling is different - I typed it in wrong all those years ago!!)

Happy quilting

No comments: