Sunday 23 January 2011

Challenge quilt

The BQL challenge quilt is finished. It measures 12" x 18" and once again proves that I really can't draw at all.  But I thoroughly enjoyed doing the machine thread work and hope that someone will want to swap it. It could end up anywhere in the world or - if no-one likes it enough, I will be hanging it on my wall!  It is based on the view out of my office - up near the roof of the houses opposite there is a branch which I have attempted to copy
Here is my original sketch (told you I can't draw)
I even managed to find some wood effect fabric in my stash

Then I added the leaves
The quilting was all done with a varidated brown thread for the branches and twigs and a pale green on the leaves.

and here is a detail


Two finishes in one weekend - I feel I need to go and lie down in a darkened room to recover.

No comments: