Monday 17 January 2011

scrap quilt

This is a small quilt that I made using the quarter square triangle ruler from Creative Grids. All the fabric came from my stash of 2 1/2" strips. It is a great way to use up one colour of your strips. The blue one are in the ongoing half square triangle quilt and I have a pink one with 60 degree triangles started as well.
I am now off to iron all the fabrics I bought yesterday.

I am getting a few quilt tops together at the moment as I am going to buy a new Bernina in the summer and will need lots of practice at machine quilting - they will not be big quilts but again will use up my stash and can be given away as charity quilts at the end of the day.

I am also trying to keep a tally of the amount of fabric I use this year so that I can calculate whether the stash has decreased over the year. So far the pink quilt has used 8 metres of fabric. The calculation I am using is length x width of quilt top + 20% for seam allowances, divided by 40 and then divided by 39. I have added a further metre for the applique and binding. At least that is more than I bought yesterday!!

No comments: