Sunday 27 February 2011

progress

Yesterday was mostly spent doing stuff for my students - I had to sew on borders and then layer up a quilt for one of them, so did not get as much done as I had hoped.

But today I have a finish - of sorts. I have basted and sewn all the outer bunting pieces for the Beth Ferrier quilt. The pattern called for pale gold and dark gold (it states that you need 2 metres of each) and I found that my stash did not have huge quantities of either fabric. Anyway, this is what I came up with
When seen like that it looks very beige to me but then I put it on the background fabric and I think it looks OK now. The lesson about value and proximity of fabric certainly paid off I believe.

Now that the background fabric has arrived and is duly washed and ironed I will be getting on with the pink stars. I am determined to have caught up by the time the next set of instructions come out on 15th March.

I have also been doddling for a design for the commission quilt. This is a bit different to normal as it is for a three year old who loves trucks and I think will use it far more as a playmat than a quilt.

 I am thinking of designing a road track around it. The fabric I had ordered for the border has such a large repeat that I think I am going to have to use it as a panel on the back instead. The trucks are about 5" across but do not have any visible ways of cutting them up.

Off now to watch the rugby and have a welcome cup of coffee.

No comments: