Thursday 24 February 2011

Roseville Block 2

I have cut out all the pieces for Block 2 and just laid them out

Now I look at the photo it does not appear as "green" as I thought it did yesterday. The vase will have some reverse applique on it and also the big pink flower and the big red one. It is quite a challenge to think about the whole quilt when choosing fabrics. I guess it is easier when you have done a few blocks and can see where you are going.

Thankfully the bias binder maker arrived this morning so I should be able to get on with it this weekend.

Also the background fabric for the Beth Ferrier arrived, together with the backing for my truck quilt commission - not sure where the other fabrics are at the moment - somewhere in HM Customs I suspect.
Thankfully I only got charged the VAT and handling charge for each package which was not too bad.


Sadly work is about to catch up with me and so I won't be able to do any sewing for the next day or two, but I will let you know when I have glued all the applique pieces.

No comments: