Wednesday 6 April 2011

Binding and charity quilt

The binding is pinned on to the Racing Track quilt and I am going to leave it until this weekend to sew it on and finish the quilt.
It is such a marvellous weekend for sport on the television - The Grand National on Saturday, followed by the Paris Roubaix cyclying race on Sunday that I will need some hand sewing to do.  Added to that of course in the golf Masters at Augusta.  I always used to watch it with my Dad if I was staying for the weekend so it will be nice to sit quietly and remember him while I am sewing.

Just when I thought I was getting on top of all my projects, my local group has thrown up another challenge. We are all making children's quilts for Japan and the top has to be completed by the 15th. So here are the fabrics I have chosen
I am going to do a disappearing 9 patch with the brown as the centre square.  The quilts are an odd size at 40" x 48" but I will do my best to be as close to that as possible.  In case you think that the fabrics are rather gloomy I have found a much more cheerful one for the back

It will be a bit tight as I only have 2 metres of this and so will have to just use the width for the backing but  I am sure I can squeeze it out.

Well - no more slacking, I had better go and start cutting out the top.

No comments: