Saturday 30 April 2011

Royal Wedding

I have finally surfaced from all the TV watching and partying. I hope that all of you to wanted to watch the ceremony and celebrations managed to do so and that you all enjoyed it.

The party here at home seemed to grow and thankfully I had bought a mass of food and drink so a good time was had by all.

I was fascinated by the lace on Kate's dress and will have to find out how it was made by the Royal School of Needlework.

But back to patchwork - I have three more days of the long weekend and hopefully will be able to finish another block. The applique pieces have all been glued so they just need sewing down to the background. Here is a taster of what I have managed to do this afternoon


and then a bit more


Hopefully I can post more tomorrow.

No comments: