Thursday 19 May 2011

Cutting frenzy

I have spent a wonderful afternoon cutting out the fabric for the last three blocks for the central Roseville blocks.
Here is the mess to prove it
I find it easier to roughly cut around each shape and then sit quietly and do the proper 1/4" seam allowance. I think I managed a good overall balance of colour but I guess that some small pieces may have to be changed when they are all glued and placed on the background.

Now all the fabrics are back in their home

I have found it easier to keep all these fabrics together and not return them to the stash at every opportunity.

Now off to prepare for Charlie's birthday - thankfully far too old for a cake (at 23) and he has decided on having a few friends around for a take-away curry before heading out to the pub.  He has an interview for a trainee job tomorrow so I am just hoping he does not overindulge too much.

Off to my quilting group in the morning so can start to glue all the pieces. Might even be able to get some actual sewing done over the weekend - I will keep you posted!

No comments: