Wednesday 23 March 2011

Fabric swatches

I have not had time to do any sewing so have nothing new to show you.

I was browsing Sandra Leichner's blog and she referred to a marvellous new idea (perhaps it has been going for ages) that Robert Kaufman fabrics have introduced. You can print off all the fabrics with their inventory numbers.  I think this is a great idea for keeing track of the batiks you have in your collection. I don't know about you but I seem to forget what I have got when I am at the shows and just buy more - only to get home and find I already have that fabric. I reckon that if I printed off a few sheets of the collections I like and mark those I have at home, it would save me a huge amount of money and stop the stash increasing. All stashbusters should be happy with that. I am not on "no buy" but am trying to keep the increase down to a dull roar. I think this is particularly useful for batiks as they do not have any registration marks but it is also useful for printed collections.

Anyway I hope you might find this useful.

I am off to France for a long weekend and so will not be blogging for the next few days. I need a break as I have been doing too much preparation work for too many projects and not achieving a great deal.

Happy quilting!

1 comment:

Weaveron Textile said...

thanks for sharing information.