Tuesday 29 March 2011

A wonderful weekend

I am just back from a wonderful weekend in Lille - lots of shopping and good food. What more could one ask for.
Here are some photographs of the local architecture
A magical courtyard near the Opera where they were holding a book fair

A typical street scene - notice all the cobbles - they are absolutely everywhere.

The west facade of the main church which has been totally rebuilt over the years.  A great use of modern design to complement the mediaeval church.

Fantastic decorative detail on lots of the buildings

I could so move in here tomorrow.

Just love the charcoal grey paint.

Slightly made building and there were huge plants behind the first floor window giving a Day of the Tryffids look.

This was created by filling in one of the many canals to create a small lake where there were locals fishing.

Just loved the detail on the pavement in one of the main streets - perhaps I should have copied it entirely for my racing track quilt.

On the sewing front, I managed to find two quilting shops and another full of buttons and beads - but more of that tomorrow.

Spent a lovely day hand appliqueing the third block of my Roseville quilt. I should be able to finish it this weekend.

More photographs tomorrow but on a different theme.

No comments: