Monday 15 August 2011

Festival of quilts


Spent three wonderful days in Birmingham at the Festival of Quilts and I have some photos to share with you of the quilts that I liked best.
This was the Best of Show quilt by Janneke de Vries-Bodzinga from The Netherlands and here is a detail

She also won the first prize in the pictorial section with this quilt


and again here is a detail.


My friend maggie Barber won third prize in the Art Quilts section


And another friend, Angela Kitson competed in the Quilter's Guild challenge under the title of "Festival".
Lots more photographs to come in future days.

Did manage to limit the spending a bit - not too much fabric - 2 metres which I needed for the Beth Ferrier quilt and then some for the stash:

Just had to get a few more Kaffe Fassett fabrics to add to the collection. I will save them for the next quilt and not include them in the Kim McLean Roseville quilt.

Also found this marvellous background fabrics which I could not resist

I think they will look really good with bright applique flowers.

Now off to stroke my new fabric gently!!

No comments: